Saturday, January 19, 2013

Surviving Forever 21

Clothes shopping for travel is pretty much all part of the preparing process for me. I need fresh karma free clothes. After having no luck at my usual stores, I begrudgingly entered the depths of Forever 21 on a Saturday afternoon.  I knew there would be 'tweens dressed alike, all up in my way looking at the things I wanted to see. Boyfriends with glazed eyes would block my view of the one chambray that was slightly different from the five I already had in my grasp.  Mother/daughter duo's would argue about sizes delaying my approach to the leggings I surely didn't need. If I made it through all this, and actually decided to buy some "disposable" clothes in a size XL as would surely be needed in such an establishment, there would still be the dreaded check-out.

These thoughts were quickly forgotten as within seconds I spied an Elvis Presley shirt. The fact of the matter is, I secretly adore Elvis. His story, his smile, his music, his moves, and his terrible, terrible movies. Even his sad and untimely, but glamorous demise. (Yeah, I just said that. What?!)  Without hesitation, I snatched that shirt with the image of Elvis singing sometime after he was gorgeous, but before the alcoholism had completely taken over. An in-between period you rarely see.  I would wear it with leggings, or maybe bright skinny jeans. It would be mine and I would not care if it embarrassed my friends. 

From there, it was long flowing shirts, bright flowers, a few palm trees. My second favorite find was a cream and black vintage Chanel inspired sweater which would match everything in an ironic kind of way.  I broke down and got on the chambray bandwagon because the color and price was just right. 

The accessory section lured me in, but I practiced extreme self control and only purchased two hair adornments which I fully intend to wear. Probably. 

I'm fully prepared for travel. And now, we wait. 

I managed to buy a fully interchangeable, layer-able vacation wardrobe for the first time ever. 

8 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Love the shirt--don't blame you, one bit!

Eva Gallant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gretchen said...

Cute finds! I love to sneak Forever 21 items into my wardrobe, yet fear being spotted in the store.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

SOB! I want vacation. I love the Elvis shirt, that is what I refer to as classy cheese. every one needs classy cheese. :-)

Teri Brown said...

I may have to go snatch up one of those Elvis shirts on a weekday when it's not so insanely crowded in that store. I love it!

Slamdunk said...

I don't hold the Elvis thing against you. I have always wanted to see Graceland myself.

Enjoy your trip Jules.

Lady Stardust said...

ha ha! there is no manic out of control high quite like the pre-vacation out of control shopping spree. you KNOW I well versed in this one, lol! Good choices though - that Elvis shirt is fun :)

PorkStar said...

Anything that involves planning for a trip is definitely exciting.