How can that be? Sure, I don't want to hear a round of Jingle Bells in March, but no matter who is singing Santa Baby, I am going to stop what I am doing and coo out those lyrics. Baby it's Cold Outside, O'Holy Night, Rockin' Around, the Christmas Tree, Last Christmas, Winter Wonderland? What is not to love?!?!
While we're talking Christmas, I have a confession. It occurred to me last year that I loath this new Christmas favorite. Love Actually. It's actually quite horrible and I have taken it upon myself to share with you why.
1. Professor Snape cheats on Emma Thompson.
2. The other girl sleeps with her husbands brother and then he has to fall in love with someone who does not speak english AND he has to jump in the water to get his novel.
3. Keira Knightly wears that weird wedding dress that they refuse to show us enough of, so we can't decide if we love or hate it and even if you google image it you can't find a proper pic and that is reason enough for bitterness.
4. Liam Neelson's wife dies and it's even sadder to watch now, because it later happened in real life.
5. Billy Bob Thornton kisses Natalie and it hurts Hugh Grant's feelings.
6. When Colin moves to Wisconsin, and then there is ugh, just ugh!
7. OMG LAURA LINNEY. SLEEP WITH THIS ALREADY!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AND YOUR NOKIA RING TONE?!?
And now for the good stuff.
1. Mr. Bean taking forever to wrap the sordid necklace from Snape. He says, "Flashiest of flashes."
2. The porn stand-ins. (Except when you forget about them, because you ALWAYS do and then you sit down to watch the movie with your parents and there they are all naked and nipples...)
3. When Hugh Grant does his "I'm Prime M. dance bitches!"
And this is why I continue to watch the movie, year after year while wrapping Christmas gifts.