Friday, November 11, 2011

Why start at the beginning?

...when I can start at the end when it gets good?  Last Friday, was not only my last day at my last job, but my buddy Karla was jumping ship at well. We were useless towards the end of the day. Happy Hour was only hours away and after the painful last few months in an office that was sucking our wills to live, we were much more distracted with nail polish colors, which shoes to wear, getting caffeinated with Starbucks and consoling Kerry, who was still going to be employed at the current establishment on Monday morning.

Finally, 5 o'clock came and the three of us hightailed it out of there and were with drinks in hand mere minutes later. A huge feeling of relief came over me, and then a need to have fun. I could almost remember what it felt like, but I was going to need a few rum and cokes to remind me. It was fun to hang with the girls outside of work. We're all incredibly outgoing so before long we joined forces with another young group of fellas that were also taking Friday night seriously. One of the group was a cutie with potential for Karla, and another just happened to be one of Nat's friends in town from NY. Bonus, because we snapped a pic together and sent it to Nat showing him how much fun we were having. My hubs is not one to partake in nights out on Fridays, but we swindled him right into joining us. (Well hours later when he got off of work.)

Oh, hours later. Yes, our group had grown. We had the good sense to eat dinner. And do some shots. And rejoin the boys. By this time I had invited out my favorite single girl and we had all relocated downtown.  Things were blurry. There was music. It was cold outside, but for the first time in months I felt warm and happy and dare I say, alive? I skipped around from old friends, to new friends to my favorite friend. (The one I married.)

I needed that night. I truly hope it ended the hardest time in my life I have ever experienced. Several months ago, I decided I simply could not bare to do what I was doing for another day. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of options and it took several months to secure something new. Something terrifyingly new. I've done the same thing over and over again work wise and expected different results for years. Who knows if this change will be right for me, but I have very, very high hopes and positive thoughts.

With any luck, Julie is back!!!


Poor quality photo, but can we take a minute to look at how happy I am? This is pure joy and not just because of the rum. 

Oh, and there was one Night Note.

Kerry: Crayon comes off of plate!!!


3 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Best wishes with your new adventure Julie.

Mandy_Fish said...

You're soooo lucky that you get to quit the job that was sucking your will to live! What are the rest of us to do?

busanalayali said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post...
busana muslim