Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Highlight of October

The year of 2011 has been a stressful one. When Nat told me we were going to spend a few days in the Outer Banks with his family I was beside myself with excitement. We've been invited for years, but never planned ahead to go. I needed this more than I have ever needed a vacation in my life. 

We packed up the pup at 11 p.m. on a Friday night and drove through the night arriving just before 4 a.m.  It was breezy and we sprinted to the beach with excitement for ourselves and to see what Bru would think of the ocean.  

The stay was filled with soul soothing walks of the beach, strong coffee, book reading, cooking and just hanging out with Nat's family. I am a lucky girl.  



Our street. The homes in Pine Island are beautiful!

Bru loving life. He dug so much he had to lie down!



Nat humoured me with a little "1st Birthday Party" for Brubeck 

Life at it's best. 



 

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Nice that you were able to relax!!