Monday, April 18, 2011

Puppies Happen...

Well, after agonizing and fretting for weeks, then falling for a very specific puppy, I took Nat to meet the young guy Saturday. It was on this dark and stormy morning in Alexandria, Virginia, that the dog formally known as Binky darted across the room and fell at Nat's feet. Nat didn't stand a chance against this fine fella's charm. Content with his fate, Binky settled in for the car ride and listened while the names such as Miles and Cannonball were nixed and he became Brubeck.

Please meet my 7 month, 45 pound Great Pyrenees/Yellow Lab mix rescue.  He's got a little hound in him and maybe even a bit of Rottweiler and Husky.   His life started in South Carolina and he's been shuffled from road side, to shelter to foster to doggie day care and now resides in a quaint neighborhood in Annapolis, Maryland with us.


Handsome Brubeck

He is an absolute doll! As mellow and low key as he can be. While he enjoys bones and digging, eating and napping, squeaky toys and walks, he's also down with jazz, lunching with the ladies and shopping! Ok, well as long as it's petsmart. Everyone falls for this sweet, soft face.

In other news, I guess I lied in my last blog because I promised the hilarious wedding Night Note story and failed to produce as I got carried away with caring for Bru, but I will get it as soon as possible from my bestie who has it securely fixed to her refrigerator!

7 comments:

asj said...

LOVE him! adorable, can't wait to hear the stories I'm sure he'll produce! :)

Robin said...

So cute! And so glad you adopted instead of going to a breeder!!

TB said...

You're killin' me over here! I can't stand the cuteness!

Colleen said...

So cute! Makes me miss my puppies who are happily lazing around my house while I work all night.

And Brubeck is a great name. Where did you get it?

Stephanie Faris said...

Awwwww, so cute!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I love him. He looks like a wonderful dog. Can't wait to read stories about him in the future.

The Adorkable Ditz said...

I wanna pet him!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/