Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This is why I'm (not) Hot

It's a proven fact that you get a better workout in when you're wearing cute workout clothes.  Not only was I stoked to be wearing my new Nike's to the gym for the first time, but it seemed fitting that "Let's Dance" was playing on the radio when I was on the way to "Cardio Dance Party."

I've never purchased black gym shoes before, but it's always this huge ordeal finding the pair that feels good and looks cute, so I just gave up this time and bought the first pair that felt right. They happened to be jet black with neon green accents. Oh well.

Once changed, I discovered that my white ankle socks came looked really nerdy with my new black shoes. Which also clashed with my blue yoga pants. That I had somehow managed to pair with a grey, "Work Hard, Play Hard," tank.  Oh, and I've got five extra pounds of honeymoon weight right on my thighs. (But more on that later.)

While I can rock out to some "Zumba," "Cardio Dance Party" is a lot more hip hop and a lot less Latin which seems to be my strong point when dancing.  So, there I am in my dork clothes, flailing about trying "get that dirt off my shoulder" and this 50 year old woman with a perfect waist, luscious brown hair and rhythm in front of me is killing it!  But not only that, she is invading my territory. I did my best to shoot "get out of my dance space daggers" at her in the mirror, but it's really not that effective in a get-up such as mine.

Let's take a look shall we?

This is really what I look like in the class.  I swear I'm much better at Zumba. 

Do you think my socks are sexy? Do they even sell black gym socks for girls?

Might look OK if it weren't for the sock factor.  (Also, might not.)

9 comments:

kenzie said...

i loved this.
clearly you and i need to be gym partners.
i've been so tempted to do zumba. i stare longingly through the class window at the classes while i'm on the treadmill. but my fear of public dancing and knocking someone over with my horrible rhythm keeps me out. one day...one day....
love the new sneakers! very shnazzy.

Kristen said...

:giggle snort:
It does sort of look like you are wearing Nat's sneakers.

this is me. said...

hey chica! thanks for stopping by my blog. this post made me laughing hard ... and i'm at work! :) you still look hot!

Alice said...

i took zumba once. it was... humiliating is not really a strong enough word for it. the 65 yr old asian grandma in front of me was looking less white & dorky than i was, let's put it that way.

Nicole said...

I take jazzercise. My guy likes to say "welcome to 1985" but I am not ashamed to admit that I love it.

And I think your black shoes are kick-ass! Even with the white socks.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

LOVED this post! I know exactly what you mean about the people crowding your space in the class. I always roll my eyes at those girls. ;) Thanks for the visit. :)

The Vegetable Assassin said...

I'm terrible at Zumba. While everyone else looks all sexy I look like I'm constipated and possibly handicapped.

Do you know if you scroll through those photos on this entry fast it looks like you're moving? Like a flip book? :)

LilPixi said...

I have to laugh because I did the exact same thing last year!
I actually bought those same pants, except I purchased this weird silky, stretchy nylon type shirt in bright pink with weird 80's patterns on it. I was also wearing skate sneakers. lol

The Adorkable Ditz said...

Looks fine to me, but that's just someone who really doesn't care what they wear when they work out :P