Sunday, March 20, 2011

And the mini-moon starts...with a LIE!!!

Before we get to how Nat LIED to me, I'll clarify how the term mini-moon came about and why it's actually a week long. We initially planned to take just a few days right after the wedding and go somewhere local.  Mini-moon! We would take a more adventurous honeymoon in a few months.  Then Nat's wine rep friend offered his Outer Banks house for us for a week for free.  We both love the Outer Banks so it was perfect for us to do this now and take a year to decide where we want to go next.  Added bonus?  If we keep the name mini-moon, then we have our (ok, another) honeymoon to look forward to next February.  Italy? Spain? Who knows!  Decisions are hard.  Anyway....

We left Annapolis at 2 o'clock yesterday hoping to beat the Hampton Roads traffic in Virginia. EPIC fail.  Northern Virginia was a nightmare instead.  We were so delayed at the beginning of our trip we made a romantic 45 minute honeymoon pit stop in Target to kill time. (You're supposed to make everything romantic on your honeymoon right?) Smart move because we then sailed into Norfolk, VA,  and had a late dinner with Nat's Dad where I got to see the house where he grew up.  The town was adorable and nothing like what I expected. 

On the road again, we arrived in the Outer Banks around 11 p.m. Friday night.  We checked out our new digs,  opened a few beers and took a late night walk on the beach immediately.  Crazy big moon shadows.  Sometime around 2 a.m. Nat decided he wanted to get in the hot tub on the deck.  I was exhausted.  Having seen one too many horror movies, I was also not keen on the idea of Nat going alone.  I made him PROMISE to not go while I was asleep.  

When he came to bed around 6 a.m. ish, he said, "Man,  I want to get the hot tub."  While he brushed his teeth, it occurred to me that we might be able to watch a killer sunrise from the hot tub, so I got up to investigate.  As I opened one of our many sliding glass doors, I realized the not only was the sun pretty much up, but the rug seemed suspiciously cold.  Looking down I realized it just cold, it was wet!  And were those water foot prints?  

"YOU WENT IN THE HOT TUB!!!" I said as he lazily climbed in bed.

"What?" he replied.

"You did,... didn't you?"

"I don't know what your talking about."

"I was going to be all romantic and suggest we watch the sunrise and you already did."

"What's a hot tub?"  (Note by this point he actually never once has said that he did not get in.)

"The rug by the door is wet.  You LIED to me! You even pre-meditated a guilt trip and pretended you were waiting patiently for me!"

At this point he confessed his evil deed but also pointed out the fact that never actually said he didn't get in.  He had thrown his bathing suit under a chair, wouldn't reveal where he had hidden his guilty wet towel and consciously not turned on the jets in efforts to never be found out! Eh, I think I'll keep him anyway. 

Yesterday's morning walk.


 



6 comments:

Nicki said...

Whatta booger!!!!

The Vegetable Assassin said...

I have no sympathy for you ladyfriend. I'm here in the grey cold winter and you're by the beach with a blue sky. BOO. :)

Chrissi said...

That is soooo something my husband would do! Hope your mini-moon is going well ;-)

The Adorkable Ditz said...

You just got married and he lied?! He owes you big time!

Dani said...

Teehee. Boys.

And because I haven't said it yet, best of wishes!! You're wedding photo below is beautiful!

Nicole said...

Okay, now you've got me craving a weekend getaway.