Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Continued Shenanigans - Julie and Kristen are Accosted!

We left with Nat kissing me.  Fireworks.  Good stuff. But you know, I am a lady. That and, Kristen was sleeping on the couch next to us, so before long Nat and I innocently drifted off to sleep as well. When we awoke a short while later, Kristen and I realized we had to get ready to go to an afternoon party. On our barely two hours of sleep, when Nat asked us if we needed a ride home we said we were fine and could get home just fine.

I'll never be sure why we said that because as we walked out in the early morning sunlight we both looked at each other and suddenly remembered we didn't have a car. I only had our personal cab driver Momado's cell phone number and he worked nights so  he wasn't answering.  My roommates were hungover or sleeping or both so they didn't answer. Luckily, it was May and warm outside, so we walked a few blocks to a coffee shop to devise a plan.  We sipped coffee and realized we needed to bake a cake, get ready and be 2 hours away in like 3 hours. Whoops. On the bright side, I'd finally kissed Nat! 

Sidetracked as we were, we didn't notice Scuba Shawn diving in for the kill. Scuba Shawn was a late forties fellow who also hung out at HB's and was known for diving into everyone's conversations uninvited and repeatedly asking me out despite our twenty plus year age difference.  We definitely had seen him the night before and it was very apparent by our day old eye make-up and same clothes we had not been home yet.  With perfect stalker skill, he quickly had our sleep deprived brains admitting we were downtown without a ride home. In an attempt to be our knight in shining armour he suggested HE take us home.

"NO!!!" we both replied a little too quickly. He was not deterred.

"My neice is in town and needs friends. Let's go to the ballet. Here, put your number in my phone and I'll call you."  -----Whaaaa?!?! I couldn't make that up if I tried.  I was beyond trapped as I stared at his phone in horror.  We ran into him frequently and not wanting to be rude or make things more awkward in the future I reluctantly typed in my number.

Fortunately, my cell finally rang and it was Momado telling us he was sending someone to get us! Rescued at last.

I did spend the next few months avoided calls from Scuba though. They would stop eventually when I started telling him I had plans with Nat...but again. It would be a few more months...

3 comments:

The Adorkable Ditz said...

Yeah I know how the avoid the calls from creepy guys can be.

It can be very tiresome.

The Adorkable Ditz' Missteps

Lady Stardust said...

L.M.A.O. O.L. all by myself like a big dork. So, so funny!

Stephanie Faris said...

Scuba Shawn is one of those guys. I always wonder about men who go for women 20 years younger. It seems odd to me.