Thursday, January 6, 2011

This Outfit, Better in Theory...

One of the worst things in life is having an uncomfortable outfit day.  (Seriously, in life!)

I composed this assemble a few weeks ago in my head but had yet to orchestrate it in real life until today. Checking myself out in the mirror this morning, I knew I looked good.  Right?


And a closer look...



Unfortunately, only so long as I stood still.  What I failed to factor in was the lace skirt trim to textured tight relationship.  It is basically the equivalent of velcro.  Moving at all resulted in this look:


I really didn't have time to produce a new outfit so I pulled and tugged on my creeping skirt all day long. On the bright side, this will still work as a fall or spring outfit sans tights. 





8 comments:

That one girl said...

At least you think about your outfits. I need to put at least an ounce of effort into mine. I'm embarrassing!

kenzie said...

ahh, been there. done that. oi vey.

Chapter Two said...

THAT exact thing happened to me tonight on girls night out. solution? a good old fashion slip (remember those? go under the skirt? works well still!!!!!)

p.s. totally did the notes on napkins tonight (again) best line all night?

YOU didn't drink that! You are taking so long with that drink it f'ing evaporated! drink up!"

I would totally not remember that in the morn had I not written it down t.y.!

Jules

The Vegetable Assassin said...

Or, here's a thought. You could just take it off and spend the day at work in your tights. Go on, give your coworkers a thrill! :)

Marlene said...

Gotta hate when that happens!

McGriddle Pants said...

I HATE HATE HATE it when that happens. Perhaps a black slip with some lacey at the bottom? They people wouldn't really see the slip since it blends in?

Either way, it was super cute! Just hold still!! :)

Dani said...

pain is beauty :)

Milk-2Sugars said...

you dont look at all happy in that last photo, in fact you look quite pissed off at yourself.. cute shoes though