Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spontaneous Trips South and Night Notes

I bet you didn't know I was in Savannah last weekend! You couldn't have because I didn't even know it was going to happen.  Mel, April and I realized there were big changes ahead of us and decided the time to hesitate was through.  It was a long weekend so Mel and I hopped on a plane to Jacksonville to meet April and then drove immediately to Savannah, Georgia.  We enjoyed massages, facials, shopping, Moroccan food, one shameful fried Moon Pie and brunch at Tybee Island before heading back to Jacksonville to attend to some very important business. And by that, I mean, wedding stuff for me.

I will get back to the love story that is Nat and Julie, but in the meantime, here are a few pictures and even a Night Note!

Mel

The face of Night Notes on Napkins (But don't I look evil and serene at the same time?! Weird!)

Apey staging the Night Note. 
Speaking of the Night Note at The Distillery.  Here it is. (My current sober notes in blue)

The Difference's Between April and Julie:  Night Notes aren't always random things people say. Sometimes, they're crucial lists that need to be made known. 

April likes Mariah Carrey.
Julie does not.
April likes Tyra Banks. 
Julie does not. 
Julie likes low fat veggie cream cheese.
April does not.
Ape likes Tosh. O. and I don't. But I extra like Joel McHale.  (You have to pick one. You can't have it both ways. One or the other!) 

Similarites:
NOT into samurai. 
DO NOT like the creeper. (Bad James) <---Weeble Wobbler.

Ape- Drunk Designated Walker. 
(Right, because the designated walker was not drunk.) (Apey really wasn't drunk. Clearly, somebody who was drunk made this note and then came back and corrected their error. Somebody probably named Julie.)

Mel: You can light a match around me. 

Mel: I wouldn't stick my face in a vat of mayonnaise. 
Julie: My face. It's dry. 

Good John: I won't try to ruffee you like Bad James. aka "weeble wobler," aka "the creeper, " aka "won't bother you with the hand dryer." (Good John was a guy we met who reminded us in appearance of somebody we call "Bad V#&$." He turned out to be really cool and joined forces in disliking the guy to our other side and coined "Bad James." Both the bartender and Good John saw Bad James standing in front of the urinal asleep, peen out and "weeble wobbling."  When he woke up, he could not figure out how to use the hand dryer, but denied help and decided to stare out it instead. Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious to us and our new friends at the time.)


My girls at Tybee Island. 


The End. 


3 comments:

The Vegetable Assassin said...

You look all evil villain and sultry temptress all at once, miss Jules. :)

Also? I used to like Tosh.0. It's funny. It's still funny. But REALLY annoying now that half the show's just stupid, unfunny skits instead of genuine internet funnies. BOO! I like Joel McHale though. I guess you and I are in agreement. Plus I dislike Mariah. Strongly. Yes.

I have spoken.

Fried Moon Pies!?! WTF?

International Woman of Mystery said...

Sounds like a fun day!!!

And hilarious notes!

The Adorkable Ditz said...

Love that photo of you, it's gorgeous. I didn't understand half of that note stuff, definitely a "you had to be there" night.

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/