Sunday, January 2, 2011

No anti-climax this year...

The turkey is consumed, the trees away and the ball as dropped.  Normally, this time of year I am left feeling depressed that it is all over.  The short days of winter will drag on and spring won't come soon enough.

You know what that feeling has been replaced with this year?  OMG, I am getting married. Next month.  That's right. Not only this year, but next month!

My official invites went out on Thursday and the next day people were telling me they received them!  As much as I feel I have left to do, I don't feel a sense of panic, but a sense of excitement!  (And not just about getting to wear the dress.) 

Nat said to me yesterday out of the blue, "We're getting married this year." And it was the sweetest, most sincere moment.

My soon to be mother-in-law invited me over for some good-luck black eyed peas to start the new year right.  It's a tradition my Mom always follows too.  I really do feel like I am entering this year with a clean slate.  My month of unemployment, which started out like this.

Ooops.  Julie + Lot's of Vodka = This
ended like this.  (Me back in touch with my creative and productive side.) 
Custom made snuggie for sista!
I had really wanted to accomplish more in my time off, but I honestly thought I would be out of work for longer.   I was really getting into the swing of things when a wonderful opportunity presented itself.

So here we are, with a new year, job, wardrobe, coffee addiction, motivation and soon to be husband upon us.  What is left to say?

I finally took a picture on my new camera!  Last nights crock pot dinner! Karma is in check all around. Let's do this thing 2011!

15 comments:

Renee said...

I'm excited for the holidays to be over because I'm really ready to take the decorations down. That's my plan for the afternoon. I love them, but now I'm sick of looking at them...

Alessandra said...

Found you on one of the comments you left on my blog, so you've got another follower. I love weddings, and yours is around the corner, you must be super excited. Hope you'll share some of the wedding stuff here. Congrats!

That one girl said...

Being married is sooo fun! Enjoy your time in white!

Mr. Condescending said...

what's wrong with you? I kid, hehe.

Dani said...

Hmmm, lucky blackeyed peas, is that attached to a particular cultural heritage? We eat pork and sauerkraut, which I think is a german tradition.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

So what you're saying miss Jules is, in a month from now you'll be a demure lady who wears twin sets and pearls, cooks healthy dinners and births children on an annual basis? Hee! Somehow I think not. But seriously, good luck for your impending nuptials and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

International Woman of Mystery said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you have many great things coming your way!

The Lady Board said...

Eeeee!! I can't wait for your wedding recap post!! I freaking loved getting married. I keep telling my husband we should do it again. With each other preferably.

- Jill

The Adorkable Ditz said...

That dinner looks yummy! Good luck with the planning! I bet you're excited about getting married.

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

The Leigh said...

Being Married is so the best "being" of them all! HAPPY FOR YOU JULIE!!!

FreeFlying said...

How exciting! That's the smartest time of year to get married EVER. Right when everything is so sad and boring. I've always said that if I ever got pregnant I would absolutely only do it if I could be at the height of my pregnancy in February. Granted, I don't intend to at all, but it's good to make timelines for things whether they're happening or not. I think I just got off subject. Congratulations!

teeeray said...

The launch of a new life! All positive energy your way!

tattytiara said...

Aw heck this post made me smile. I'm excited for you! And from this year forward instead of being sad New Year's is over, you get to start looking forward to your anniversary! Shrewd planning that, my dear.

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

So many things to look forward to! Happy New Year! Happy Wedding Month! Happy Crock Pot dinner (Ok, so that is a stretch, but it looks really good.)

Cheers, J

Slamdunk said...

Such an excited time for you--happy 2011.