Monday, January 17, 2011

As promised, How I met Nat

We know I kissed a lot frogs. So many,  I may have been starting to become jaded.  I didn't even tell you about the guy who tried to smoosh in my car, frat boy who lived with parents, the guy I really liked but knew I had to keep at arms length, or the guy who turned out to be married. (Actually, married guy might of tipped me over the edge.) 
 
Our nights at the meat market known as O'Brien's were becoming tiresome.  There were the same faces every weekend and I'd started making nice with the bouncers, which got awkward when two who were friends started calling me.
 
My boss took us to a nice lunch one day at Harry Browne's and told me I was wasting my time at those downtown places.  I needed to hang out at a classier place like this one if I wanted to meet a boy worthwhile. I looked around at my surroundings and judged the place as stiff and probably too classy for me.  Not to mention boring. None the less, I told him I would give it a shot. (No pun intended.) That Friday, April and I went to happy hour.
 
It was a stark contrast from our usual haunt. It was quiet.  A few business men in their 40's chatted with us, but not in a creepy way.  The bartender Patrick was totally chill and we had no idea he would quickly become our friend. 
 
The business men told us while HB's was great for happy hour, if we wanted to meet some people our own age, come back around 11:30.  We had a good feeling about this, so we went home had dinner and changed into our party clothes. It was only about 9, but we liked our new friends so we headed back to HB's had another drink and chatted with Patrick. 
 
For some reason, we still felt the need to just see what was going on at O'Brien's.  It was lame.  For the third time that night we headed back into what had in a few hours become our regular spot.  We were greeted by name.  There were young guys in their twenties who were very interested in who we were and eager to buy us beverages.
 
There was also cute new bartender behind the bar...named Nat.

But more on that later.  This is what we all looked like back in those early days of HB's. ;-)

The first of many Christmas celebrations to come at Harry Browne's.

One crazy night.

He wasn't my lobster yet, but he would be...









3 comments:

You've Got to Be Kidding Me said...

You got the cute bartender?

Score!

Elizabeth said...

Good for you girl!!

Stop on by my blog to sign up for the book club that I am hosting!!

ellen abbott said...

Last month you left a very nice comment on one of my posts and I never got around to visiting back due to what was going on in my family at the time. anyway, I'm cleaning out my inbox and there is your comment, so thank you. and I gather you are getting married soon? congratulations. the work is just beginning.