Wednesday, January 12, 2011

As one dress debacle is solved, another is born...

Before we get carried away with a title like that, let me assure you, the dress is perfect! For the first time, it fits perfectly, and it is everything I hoped it would be.   

After calming down a bit from Saturdays shenanigans, I called the bridal store on Monday and requested the dress be pressed before I arrived and that an overly floppy flower be remedied.  I'm confident the lady thought I was crazy, but I was one mishap away from Bridezilla-town and needed to avoid getting on that bus.  It was worth the probable judgement because when I saw the dress tonight it looked perfect!  I held my breath as I was zipped in. And? Perfection! It looked exactly how I had envisioned it would six months ago when I picked it out.

Have I mentioned I have a weird tall girl complex?  I am tall.  I also enjoy heels.  When I see girls taller than me, I feel a little stressed out.  Almost like I put in a lot of effort to be tall and then failed.  I know that is silly. The original shoes I picked were the most fabulous pair of five inch platforms I ever laid eyes on.  They were beyond perfect for my dress...Aside from the fact that they made the hem hang awkwardly several inches from the ground.  Not cool.

After much thought I decided to keep those shoes for picture purposes and wear hot red two inch heels from when I was in my friend Chrissi's wedding several years ago.  I felt this was clever and would be a sweet gesture since they have been so happy together. Unfortunately, still too high.  Now that the dress was not too big, or too small and I could walk with my hands free, it became apparent the dress was the perfect length for my exact height.

No problem.  I'll just wear comfy slippers. Maybe even a sneaky funny animal pair.

This was a splendid idea for a good two hours.  Then it dawned on me.  I ALWAYS wear heels.  I've been saying I'm 5 '10 for years.  Most of Nat's friends have never even seen me without my beloved stilettos.  They even joked that I slept in my heels and actually had Barbie feet that never lost their shape. And OMG all of my female friends and family are going to be wearing heels leaving me...shorter than them?!?!  Oh, the horror!!!

But in all actuality, I'm ecstatic about the dress.  Even if I will be short in it!

6 comments:

Dani said...

I feel a little bit the same way about being short! Everyone's always commenting how short I am so when I see someone shorter I feel like they're beating me or stealing my individuality or something...

I gots a giveaway goin' on over here. Come and enter!

The Adorkable Ditz said...

I know that when I get married I will either be in flats or bare foot. I've always felt big my entire life, I want to feel small compared to my future husband to be haha.

I'm glad you love the dress!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Milk-2Sugars said...

becoming bridezilla would not be fun

Nikki said...

I wish I could wear heels all the time. I actually ahd a janitor at the building I worked at tell me I look better in heels. I'm 5'2", don't feel bad ;)

International Woman of Mystery said...

I feel the same way. I'm 5'8 so I'm tall but I LOVE to wear heels and feel strange when I'm not wearing them and I'm short. Although I have been noticing that maybe I'm too tall here in the US. In Sweden I was just right with lots of girls being taller than me... Here with my 4 inch heels... I tower over everyone. Boo! Your dress sounds pretty! Glad it worked out.

The Adorkable Ditz said...

PS

Blog love at my place