Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years to a New Tune...

For the last few years, New Years Eve has been a big drunken night of shenanigans!  I've loved it.  My friends and I take it very seriously.  Last year, I had a major meltdown the day before the NYE, cancelled my party, and then began to feel better and promptly hosted it anyway.  (Doesn't everyone get the holiday blues though?)

This year has been ever changing with plans to visit my Grandmother, snow storms hindering such visits and me having random violent allergy attacks.  In the end, I decided the big New Years to do, was not in the cards for me. I'm going to have a quiet evening in and see if it sets the tune for a relaxed and zen year for me.

How about a photo party of New Years Eve Past?

2006

2007

2008


2009

2010

Happy New Year to all!


7 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

What a gorgeous, hapy bunch of friends you have there. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones, Jules.

Sarah xxx

Renee said...

I work until 11. I'll be home around 11:30-ish - just in time to see the ball drop with the boyfriend!

Hope your quiet NYE is a good one!

Jeremy said...

What? No mention of 2003 in Georgetown? I'd spill some fun stories but I'm still having a hard time remembering much from that night.

jules said...

Ha ha Jer. Does anybody have pictures from that night? Oye, probably for the best!

The Adorkable Ditz said...

Happy New Year to you too! Have a fun quiet night!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Jeremy said...

Probably worse for me than for you if some of the stories are true. I stand behind the old adage if you don't remember it, it didn't happen...

loveable_homebody said...

This is a fun idea: most people reflect on the whole year and previous new years on New Years. Here, you reflect on past New Years! Your 2008 picture is my favourite. It's so candid and fun. I'm glad you traditional spend New Years with the same good friends. That's fun and sweet.