Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A classy guy in a redneck club...

I met TJ one night when Becca and I went to Cancun Cantina, a ridiculous club that plays pop music on one side but is much more well known for it's line dancing country side. We freaking loved this place in our early twenties.  By this time,  I wasn't afraid of alcohol and my confidence was growing.  I probably still had zero rhythm in my game when I spotted well dressed TJ donning sunglasses dancing near me, but that didn't stop me from immediately approaching him.  (They were the light iridescent style sunglasses that could be worn at night, I swear. Not the Jersey Shore style)

I think I knew I was a little out of my league when I actually started dancing with him, but he was non-judgmental on my inability to move and I was so attracted to him I stayed.  Plus, I was finding he was actually interesting to talk to! Bonus.  Besides, I had no idea where Becca was.  I would in fact soon find in an interesting turn of events, she was off dancing with his friend. Convenient or what? **Disclosure. Remember when I said I didn't condone all the things I did?  If you are in a club, it may not always in fact wise to separate from your friends. Bad things could happen!**

Very luckily for me they didn't.  It was closing time and when the four of us discovered we were all paired up we decided to go for breakfast.  Finding your car is always an ordeal when leaving Cancun Cantina, and I'm guessing B and I had left our phones in her car because I suddenly realized I was again not with her, or a cell phone but in TJ's giant truck and wearing his coat....with another random friend of his. F! A moment of sobriety hit me and panic set in wondering if I had just made a huge mistake.  Fortunately, we pulled right up to B's car where I jumped into the back seat, (her new fellow Mike was in the front) and from there we headed to Denny's.  (The twenties are a time in your life where nothing bad can happen to you as long as you are with your girlfriends. Um, note that disclosure again.)

It was freezing that night.  I still had TJ's coat on and while we waited for him to arrive at the Denny's time was ticking away as fast as my buzz.  A light snow was beginning to cover the roads.  When he finally arrived there was some debacle in that he had been in a minor accident leaving the side of his previously mentioned truck significantly scratched and dented.  I don't recall the circumstances surrounding our never actually eating or the full drama about his vehicle, but we parted ways that night.  Not without exchanging numbers, but without my returning his coat.

This wouldn't be the last I would hear from TJ....

7 comments:

Jeff said...

I will wait for chapter two :-)

Marlene said...

You write so well....and such an interesting life, too!

Bird Shit and Baby Caca said...

Can't wait to hear the rest!!!

Jeremy said...

Ok, first off, let me just say that I'm glad none of these entries have been about me. (Innocent really people, no scandal here) Not that my wife hasn't heard the stories, but the thought of re-living our 20's and some of the stuff we got ourselves into...but it dawned on me that I very well may have been the devil on your shoulder. Have a Nice Day, Seacrets, skipping classes to tan, tubing, Jager-Schlagers, TUACA...and that's all just the first 3 months I knew you ;) On second thought maybe our adventures should get a post...

The Leigh said...

I love your memory!! I dont mind if you relive MOST of our adventures ahahahahaha! All I remember about Mike was his mad mad muscles but I remember the Hot Smoothness of TJ. Hence the reason TJ lastest MUCH longer than Mike ahahahahahahahhahah. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

jules said...

TJ was smooth wasn't he? I'm considering posting the roofie story. You'll note, there seems to be a request for it above. I can't decide. Neither one of us end up looking good in that one Ha ha.

thesurpriselily.com said...

Love it! But of course, I ended up married to the guy I met in the redneck club!