Monday, November 1, 2010

Night Notes on Halloween

So Haiku Monday has been replaced this week by Halloween Night Notes.  We started the night at the second annual Halloween party at Kristen's house.  Everyone looked amazing in costume. My camera is on the fritz but I hope to gather pics from others soon to post.  I was "The Other Mother," from Coraline which ended up being kind of a disaster because I couldn't see at all with my button eyes and believe it or not,  people in their 20's have no idea about the movie Coraline.  I assure you it's creepy as hell though.

We didn't start taking notes until after the house party and the big Fado costume contest, when we were actually getting ready to leave HB's so there are only a few.  Incidentally, at Fado Kristen (Lucy Ricardo) nearly got into a fight with "The Easy Button" and I exchanged heated words with..a dude nerd? I'm not even sure. Halloween is so weird.  So without further ado, I present... The Halloween Night Notes.

Bri: I just called those guys "carbon monoxide."
Julie: I didn't say she was DTF!
Bri & Julie: Cabs are here!!!
Julie:  Look at that bitch. She's a peacock.

Yeah, all I can really say is that Halloween is always a debacle.  I like it.  I'm wearing something comfy next year.

Nat decided yesterday that he wanted to pass out Halloween candy.  I had never done this before (because I'm terrified of children and would not know what to say to them) and it turned out Nat had not either.  In the end, it ended up being really sweet and romantic actually.  And the kids were adorable!

2 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Ha, glad you overcame your fear with the kids and it turned out just fine.

Eva Gallant said...

Passing out candy is the best part of Halloween!