Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Love for Husky's and Writing and Family

I'm a dog person. I adore dogs. I'd like a dog, but a big part of my hesitation is that I do not do well when they go. (IE, I don't tell anyone for days and then burst into tears while out with a bunch of friend's celebrating St. Patrick's Day at Bennigan's circa 2003. AWKWARD.)  Regardless, we are most surely taking the dog parenting plunge in a few months when we have time after the wedding.

Meet Lilly.   Lilly is my parents 11 year old Husky who enjoys nothing more than squirrel chasing, beef stew dinners, and the occasional solo vacation.


I know! She is gorgeous. Don't worry. All is well with Lillian, but she gave us quite a fright last week after escaping Saturday afternoon.  We'll never know what she was up to for five days before the local shelter called my relieved parents to say she had been found.  

And this is the email that was later sent out written by my Dad to concerned family members.  I think you'll see where I get my love of writing. 

Sept. 16, 2010.  No longer "on the lam", the notorious Miss Lilly was captured this afternoon on Rachel Kale Road near *Sunnyland, MD and taken to the Tri-County Animal Shelter in Snoozeville. Miss Lilly had been on the run since last Saturday when she escaped from her compound in Country Lakes.

Later in the day, her bail was posted and she left in a silver Ford pick-up named Earl. Things are now back to what passes for normal in Southerntown, MD.


The Country Lakes Dispatch

 *Ok, maybe I got all paranoid and changed the actual names of places.

And then Auntie joined right in on the fun and replied:

Did you have to get Dog the Bounty Hunter involved?  More importantly, who will be providing legal representation at the hearing?

Love and milk bones to you all


12 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

That is too cute. Glad Lily was found safe and well.

Sarah RDH said...

awwww it is so scary having a lost dog! Growing up, one of my collies was sisters with my uncle's collie, who was missing for about 2 weeks. She was eventually found in a farmers field, collapsed, dehydrated, and starving. Luckily, the man's wife saw her & helped her and she was re-united with my uncle's fam. She spent some time in the animal hospital getting healthy, and was fine after it all. Dogs have to be so scared in unfamiliar territory! You'd think they'd just quit running off like that!

Brittany said...

ya'll are too funny!

Brittany said...

what a beautiful dog! BTW!

Sir Thomas said...

thats good news for sure.... they can scare us some times....

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

Glad she was found! She is stunning!

Slamdunk said...

Awesome that Lilley's escape story had a happy ending.

Sarah B said...

Oh I remember the awkwardness because I was at said Bennigan's with you. Beautiful pics of Lilly!

Nicki said...

I am so glad beautiful Lilly is safe!!! I have 3 dogs and although they drive me mad, I always worry if it takes them more than 2 seconds to come when I call them!

That's What She Said... (No, Really!) said...

Your dad is hilarious. Love it. Glad pups got home safe and sound.

Miss Chelsea said...

Ha! I love it... too much fun!

Chrissi said...

So glad Miss Lilly is safe! That is so scary.
I believe I was the one who made you cry at bennigans because I asked you "Are you Okay?" Then it was waterfall of tears!
I blame it on the green punch, who knows what they really put in that stuff!