Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the topic of what's new...

I could go on a boring rant about my continued struggle with being caffeine-free and my insomnia and food issues based on intense work drama, but I think a more positive post would be to focus on all the fun I've had lately.

While the rules of baseball are foreign to me, (and Nat gets like really irrationally upset when I tell him about how I think that "stealing bases" is just not fair) we ventured to Camden Yards a few weeks ago with our good friends Kurt and Kristi to see the Orioles.  When we were walking in, I started to get really excited like in the movie "Rookie of the Year, " when Thomas Ian Nicholas and his friends enter. Side note: as a thirteen year old girl, Thomas Ian Nicholas was as hot as they come.  I just imdb'd him to see what he is up to these days, as lets just say, he turned just as we knew he would.  See below and your are welcome.
But enough about Thomas Ian Nicholas. I wanted to dress properly and supportively for the worst team in baseball.  I don't see why it's not appropriate to wear 4 inch wedges if they are the proper color.  Right?


At one point, a fly ball (is that the proper lingo?) came straight for us, and froze in terror.  Please don't let this thing hit me in the face, I prayed! Luckily, it bounced off the empty chairs behind us and ricocheted off of Kurt's arm.  There was a mighty scramble and while Kurt didn't end up with the ball, he did have quite the imprint on his arm.  I was pretty jealous and voiced my hope for him that he would have a cool bruise to show everyone the next day, and Nat added that if he was lucky, even the stitches of the ball would appear.  Kurt wasn't as enthused for some reason. 

For years, my Forth of July tradition has been to go tubing in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia.  There are a few level three rapids which can get a little intense with a small group and as it turns out, down right dangerous when you decide to tie 15 people together.  We actually had one broken bone and several of us sustained moderate bruises and scrapes but the weather, food, drink and most importantly company were fantastic on this particular trip.  The battle wounds just leave us with lasting memories of the adventure for weeks to come.
As an experienced tuber, not only do I own my own pink life jacket, but even when falling out of said tube, I'm sure not to spill my beverage.


Having some lunch on the rocks.


Most of the group cooling off after lunch.

I'm working hard to get the most out of summer this year.  I spent a wonderful rainy Saturday with good friends at Kristen's Bridal shower.  Today's agenda includes brainstorming and possibly making some curtains for the dining room which dons extremely unfortunate wallpaper that the landlord refuses to part with.  (And further, thinking up ideas to cover said travesty. Any and all ideas are welcome.) Further plans include working on one or both of my writing projects and maybe even making a tasty dinner for my fellow when he arrives home from work.  

Next Saturday.  WHITE dress shopping. OMG!



5 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I'm a Red Sox fan, but have never been to one of their games. I have been to see the Sea Dogs, who are their Class AA team.
Red Sox tickets are always sold out!

Meagan@Megs7827 said...

That picture that looks like you are on the field or whatever freaked me out for a second. I thought you were like standing on a ledge or something. Can't wait to hear about dress shopping! Don't buy it unless you have the I know its the one feeling and cry!

Candace said...

I want to go tubing! FUN!
I don't know about a baseball game. That baseball coming toward me would freak me out, I think.

Thanks for stopping by to see me today and for commenting! I really enjoy your blog.

Candace

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

SO - tubing, funnest thing ever, haven't done that in forever. And I know nothing about baseball, either. Nor do I care...just there for the beer and hot dogs! xxSAS

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

I have always, always wanted to take a float down the water in Harpers Ferry! It looks like SO much fun!

Your shoes were the first thing I wanted to comment on - LOVE IT!

I'm a huge O's fan. Win or lose I still love them. And the shoes are a WIN in my book!