Monday, July 19, 2010

Haiki Monday is Back!

And it's a special addition! On Saturday, I did something girls dream of doing their entire lives. I tried on Wedding dresses!!! Really, it's the part of wedding planning I've been most excited about.  I've watched tons of "Say Yes to the Dress," perused a myriad of magazines and even post-it note color coordinated the pages so my consultant would have firm handle on what I liked and didn't like.  I might of even made her a list labeled, "Dislike" and "Likes."  She definitely liked my list.


I liked ALL the dresses.  I did not buy either of these.  Is the back of the second one not to die for though?


Tomorrow, I'll share one more unanimous "NO" dress that I had originally been confident I would rock at my wedding and the humorous stories leading up to it's ultimate "NO."  

Without further delay, the long forgotten Haiku:

Trying on the wrong
dress, is just as much fun as
finding the right one.


4 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Looks like fun. The Mrs. has great memories of her dress search.

Kristen said...

Isn't it SOOOO fun? Yay. Find anything spectacular?

Eva Gallant said...

The right dress success
Does not promise wedded bliss;
Bride and groom make this!

Stephanie Faris said...

For my first wedding, I found my dream dress in a magazine ad. I called around everywhere to find it had been discontinued. It was in the most recent issue of a bridal magazine, too, so I'm not sure what that was all about! A few months later I found an identical one...of all places, it was at a formal gown RENTAL place. That's why I rented my first wedding dress...and ended up getting for $250 what would have cost me $2500.