Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Weekend of Summer Recap!

So last weekend started with the impromptu work Happy Hour at my house.  I got up bright and early the next morning to help my awesome friend Kristi in a covert mission to turn her basement into a mancave in one day for her husbands 30th while he was at work and totally unaware.  Kristi is an excellent organizer and totally took charge of my house decoration project to which I am forever grateful.  We straight up extreme make-overed the crap out of her basement with a small army of friends in about 8 hours with less than 5 minutes to spare.  It was a blast and well worth it.

Mel and I spent Sunday back in my Adirondack chairs finishing the margarita mix from Friday night.  While there wasn't enough tequila to get us in too much trouble, there was just enough to make me sob uncontrollably when I put on the Sex and the City movie later.  What is it with tequila and emotions? Oddly, when Kristi brought over "Dear John" a bit later,  my emotions mellowed.  Nicholas Sparks normally has the opposite effect.

Taking full advantage of the extended weekend, Nat and I spur of the moment decided to venture on over to Luray Caverns.  We're really not good at planning things hence leaving at one in the afternoon for a two and a half hour road trip.  It was surely 90 degrees outside and while both of us love the heat, it was still a great day to be underground.  We're hoping to make adventures like this more of a habit in the near future.  I forget how much fun it is to do things out of the norm with him because we have so much fun doing nothing. (Omg, that is so sugar sickeningly sweet, that don't worry I just slapped myself...but it is true.)

 
The mirror effect from the lake was my favorite part.


Rocking the sweet headset for the self-guided tour. 

The wishing well was my other favorite part. 



5 comments:

Sarah RDH said...

Oh wow, that brought me back to my childhood! I also went to Luray Caverns around age 9 I believe, and I totally remember that wishing well! I was born in VA, my dad was in the navy, and got transferred here to Ohio to recruit, the rents divorced, mom & me stayed here, dad got transferred BACK to VA, and THAT was when we went to the caverns! So cool...glad you pulled home to extreme basement makeover! We need an extreme basement makeover, and I pay in wine...

Eva Gallant said...

Would you believe I hate tunnels, and wouldn't voluntarily go into a cave if my life depended on it. It looks beautiful, but a sight I well never see!

Jeff said...

Those caves look really kool. I have been to caves in New York and Pennsylvania and a underground salt mine under Lake Erie (for my job..not for pleasure) but have not seen formations like in your pictures

buffalodick said...

I used to like caves, but watching a woman freak out underground kind of put me off them...

Meagan@Megs7827 said...

That is funny you cried at sex and the city and not dear john. I was just looking at old posts and you have been with me since the beginning! Thanks!