Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Since my paper doesn't appear to be writing itself...

...I've had to breakdown and start writing it on my own.  I'd like to post a hilarious-style story in reference to the insanity that has been the past 3 weeks, but I can't just yet. The good news is that we are all moved into the new house and my "renovations" (IE painting) have been completed. And not a moment too soon! Clearly, since the old slumlord wasn't concerned with the rowdy squirrels in the wall or repairing the air-conditioning, you can only imagine that they weren't concerned with the dead squirrel in the wall. We officially moved out on the day Maryland got warm again. That's the same day the rotting rodent smell starting wafting through the front of the house.

On that note, I could still post a rambling sentimental blog about second guessing my decision to leave the downtown area, (by less than a mile mind you) and talk about how Nat and I shared our first kiss, first... you know, and proposal in that house and how I officially said goodbye to it today, but I won't. (Now anyway.)

Instead, I'm going to get back to writing by paper while listening to the sweet koi fish pond and croaking frogs from the backyard next door while in my new "office."

Stay tuned to hear about about our movers openly trying to take a "chronic" break in the middle of moving our stuff based on my Bob Marley calendar and Nat's electronic cigarette which they mistook as a "one-hitter." Actually, that may have been the whole story so never mind. (Maybe.)

5 comments:

Barefoot Dreamer said...

Just finished a huge paper and have another in my future - I feel ya (i mean for you... you know)

Christopher said...

I do not miss writing papers or moving.

Eva Gallant said...

glad you're all moved. Enjoy your new digs!

Jeff said...

I remember a "house" like that...the day we settled we celebrated not with a bottle of wine sitting on the floor in the middle of the living room...we celebrated by taking a sledge hammer to ALL the walls...but the best part is you can make it YOURS !!! in no time

Stephanie Faris said...

I remember standing in my apartment that I'd purchased after my divorce and looking around, thinking about all the memories there. I had that one, sad, goodbye moment...then moved forward with my life. I think when you look back on it, most of the time moves like that signify a new segment of your life.