Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scoring at Spring Training

Our plane touched down in Tampa, Florida Saturday and we quickly cruised the scenic bridges into Sarasota by late afternoon. I was famished and the boss took us to a mennonite establishment for lunch and insisted we order pie. Desert is not standard procedure for me, but alas. When in Sarasota...


From there we were off to spend the rest of the day at the Ritz Carlton Beach Club. Who was I to complain? It was windy and not Florida warm, but we walked the beach before lounging in the hot tub and watching the sunset whilst sipping Rum Runners.




Cut to 5:30 am on Sunday and my alarm was screeching that it was time to put on my Orioles shirt. FTW? I had definitely consumed a sausage, egg and cheese from Waffle House by 7 am and was feeling a little more awake at the long line of baseball players lining up for their vision checks.


Pandemonium ensued trying to organize enough room to set up four stations of eye tests for 147 minor league ball players before they saw the actual doctor. (My boss.) I was just lucky enough to be given the test which involved Kanye West style eye glasses that made things 3-D for the depth perception exam. Lets just say, I was a hit and the boys loved me. Furthermore, my station was right outside the bosses office where things got all sorts of backed up leaving me with loads of time to chat up the boys. I was all, "So tell me about third base again?" and "How do you score a home run?" Ok, maybe I didn't say those things...but then again maybe I did.


13 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Now that sounds like a great day at the office. We are ready for baseball season here...

Eva Gallant said...

So ready for baseball season here, too!

Colleen said...

That is awesome. Can I come next time? I used to live in Sarasota and haven't been back in years.

Kristen said...

That is so fun! As a baseball fan, I am quite jealous. Do you think next year the good doctor could give eye exams to some Yankees? And bring me along? :-)

Stephanie Faris said...

THAT looks like fun. And Rum Runners are yummy!

buffalodick said...

Tigers- comin' at cha!

Jeremy said...

Ugh. I knew I should have made time to give you a cliffs notes version of what not to say and what names to recognize. My bad, I let you down again.

blunt delivery said...

hey you. thanks for stopping by. i love LOVE the idea behind your blog because i do this too!!!! i'm always jotting crap down mid conversation. i think i tend to intimidate people or worry them that i might be reporting their shenanigans to the public.

and they're right.

blunt delivery said...

hey you. thanks for stopping by. i love LOVE the idea behind your blog because i do this too!!!! i'm always jotting crap down mid conversation. i think i tend to intimidate people or worry them that i might be reporting their shenanigans to the public.

and they're right.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Awww that's a real fun!
I'm a little jealous!
Thanks for your lovely comments!
Betty xx

Tracie said...

I'm not a baseball but I'm a fan of hunky athletes. Very jealous.

secret agent woman said...

I want your job.

Secretia said...

What a great job you have!

Secretia