Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Night Notes and ENGAGEMENTS!!!

Nat and I spent yesterday afternoon searching for a new place to live. It might have been my Birthday and I was excited because we were going to Joss for sushi. Totally engrossed in the task at hand, I was oblivious to the fact that Nat was nervous the whole afternoon. Turns out, I was also oblivious that he had placed a small box on the counter before we had left and was desperately trying to get me to notice it. It didn't occur to me that it was odd he kept counting and recounting his money stalling before we left.  He then hoped I notice the box when we arrived home. Never happened. Eventually, he told me he had a birthday gift and it was waiting for me on the counter.  Totally unaware of what was about to happen I happily skipped down the stairs and was stunned to find the little box. And you can guess the rest!


The previous Sunday, we had gone to dinner with our good friends Kurt and Kristi. Apparently, the whole night was marvelous plot. Kristi grilled me to get ring ideas and Kurt and Nat went shopping the next day. Nat called them immediately after I said yes. Eventually we did meet up at Joss for sushi last night and the following Notes occurred:


Waiter: I hear it's somebody's Birthday!
(I looked blankly at Kristi as he placed a candle lit desert in front of me and wondered who should let him we were actually celebrating an engagement.)
Kristi: YOU!
Julie: Oh YEAH!!!!


Kurt: Why is the ice cream on a bed of kale?


Kristi: We're in a fight.
Julie: I want you to like my praline!
Kristi: I want you to like my nuts.
Kurt: The best way out of a fight is to like someone's nuts. 


There were actually several more funny things that I meant to make note of but I was having too much fun and was just too excited, happy in love that I couldn't keep track of things quickly enough. 


BEST weekend ever!

14 comments:

lifelove'n'wine said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! I am so happy for you!

lifelove'n'wine said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! I am so happy for you!

sarah said...

SUCH EXCITING NEWS!

Congrats!

Slamdunk said...

Wow, super news. Congrats and that does sound memorable.

Erin @ YoungForever said...

OhMyGosh... CONGRATULATIONS! That's super exciting news! Definately best weekend ever for you!

Sarah RDH said...

Congrats!!

Cathy said...

Congrats!! Very exciting news!

Tracie said...

Congratulations!!!!!

(Happy Birthday, too!)

buffalodick said...

Congrats! I remember doing the one one knee thing, and my wife to be thought I was attacking her...

Jennifer Tippett said...

Oh Julie this is such exciting news! Congrats to you both :)

secret agent woman said...

Congratulations!!!

Stephanie Faris said...

CONGRATS! That's so exciting. Your life is about to change...an all new set of adventures!

Short Poems said...

Congratulations :)

Marinela

JennyMac said...

Love this! Congratulations Jules :) What an awesome post.