Friday, March 5, 2010

Conversations with a Cactus

I stood in the kitchen glaring at my Christmas Cactus a few nights ago.

"Blooooooom. Bloooom, damn it," I growled. "I will not water you anymore at all if you don't bloom," I threatened further.

"I thought you were supposed talk nicely to plants. And play them nice music," asked Nat.

"I tried that. It's not working. I have spent all winter moving this damn cactus from room to room every few weeks, varying it's light intake, NOT over watering it and it still won't bloom," I said. And to the cactus, "What more do you want from me?!"

"Is this the same plant I wasn't aloud to be in the same room with for a while a few weeks ago," he questioned?

"Yes....What?"


In other news, I'm headed to Sarasota, Florida this weekend to help out my boss at Spring Training. I really don't know anything about baseball, but I like warm weather and cute boys, so it seemed like a good idea.

Also, don't forget to vote for me over at Mr. Condescending's 100 Words of Lust Contest!

7 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Oh wow! Major Red Sox fan here. Spring training would be so cool! I'm envious!

Cathy said...

I have an orchid that hasn't bloomed since I got it 4 years ago. Green Thumb FAIL

Christopher said...

Seems wrong to say you are going to spring training in the same blog you say you don't know anything about baseball.

buffalodick said...

When I was eight, my family went to visit my older brother in Homestead, Fla. I brought my glove, and was semi adopted by a farm team training there...It was the coolest memory I have of my youth! I was like their little brother that they missed from wherever they were from...

Eva Gallant said...

Thanks for the good wishes for my hubby!

Ms. Diva said...

I went to the Dodgers spring training opening day! Love baseball!!!

Secretia said...

A cactus is a stubborn thing.