Saturday, February 13, 2010

Night Notes on Thursday

One would think after last Saturday's episode I wouldn't be out and about on a Thursday night. The problem was, Newman was back in town and we had lots of catching up to do. I was painfully nursing a red wine because while the mere thought of alcohol still makes me shutter, the idea of sipping water at home and conversing just doesn't compute. We had to be out and about further socializing. High point of the night? Turning down shots.

Fado 02/11/2010

Julie: No. My body is saying don't you f^$&ing dare put that inside me.
Newman: That's what she said.

6 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Lol! Gotta love Newman's sense of humor!

buffalodick said...

Detox or retox, those are the choices!

Existential Waitress said...

LOL - been there more times than I care to admit even to myself!

Colleen said...

Love a good "that's what she said" joke. I spent the last 7 months being pummeled with them almost daily, and I've been missing them a little.

Hope your body overcomes it's protests soon. I'd Kill for a glass of Riesling right about now. I am 100% seriously considering naming this baby Rieslin if it's a girl.

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

I hate those nights. I always over due it at least one night every weekend. Usually it's Friday and it blows the rest of my weekend for me. I'm in my 30's you would think I would know better. But when the drinks go down like water I can't stop. Last night the boyf and I purchased some specialty beers to enjoy with dinner on our night in. Neither of us touched it - we just drank diet soda the rest of the night. We. are. champs.

Secretia said...

Seems impolite to refuse free shots, especially on Ladies Nite, but I do understand...