Friday, January 8, 2010

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...


















Really, can anybody ever in life consume a milkshake again without saying that? I know I can't. And I know what you're thinking. Night Notes on Napkins Girl. Why are you in your mega comfy and warm pajamas on a Friday night, readying chick lit and consuming empty calories? You're supposed to be consuming obnoxious quantities of alcoholic calories and scribbling down everything your drunk friends say.

Well I've got news for you. I do other things occasionally.  I spent a good hour at work today checking the yoga schedules of all the studios in Annapolis in search of a new class. Candle Lit yoga at 5:30 in West Annap won. Mel and zen'd out for reals and it occurred to me that all that Hot Yoga crap I'd been doing for the last year is totally not calming. For a second I decided to never go to Hot Yoga again because often times my main class goal is simply to "not die", but then I remembered I burn like a thousand million calories doing that and only burned about two and a half at this Candle stuff so I guess sometimes I'll still do the Hot Stuff.

Then we went to Joss because everybody knows it's the only place to get sushi in this town. We were being so good and healthy and I even ordered green tea instead of wine, which is not to say that I think wine is unhealthy, because I surely am an advocate of "wine for health," but sometimes its' good to just...you know. Whatever.  Everything was going so smoothly and we were talking 2010 goals and being warm and creative and all things inspirational. Suddenly, Mel said, "I want a milkshake." And I was like, "So do I." After we stood to put on our coats, gloves, hats and scarfs and we walked across the street with no delay in the twenty five degree weather for our frosty delights. Peanut butter obviously because at least you can pretend it's energizing protein.

I arrived home about 8:15pm satisfied with my chill factor. On all levels.

9 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Sounds good to me!

buffalodick said...

We have one place in G.R. that still serves a real soda fountain malt! Rule of our house is: You can't have one unless you have a sore throat!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

yeah but did you dip french fries in the shake? that's all that matters.

Colleen said...

I think it sounds totally enjoyable. And man do I want to get back to yoga. Soon . . .

Spot On Your Pants said...

Wait...you passed up wine for tea and then got a milkshake? I'd teach you how, but I'd have to charge!

The Only Girl said...

You've made me want want to run out and get me some sushi - I'm way overdue!

Kiera said...

a) sounds awesome
b) never done yoga? does it really burn that much???

Kiera said...

a) sounds awesome
b) never done yoga? does it really burn that much???

Secretia said...

Candle light makes everything better!