Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cold inside and out

I had big plans for yesterday. I was all about some gym action, writing action and hitting up JoAnne Fabrics for supplies and tending to my new craft book from my sister.  Unfortunately, my body had other ideas. It felt that sneezing non-stop for 12 hours straight sounded like a better idea. I thought I'd show it who was boss with Benadryl. It retaliated by knocking me unconscious. When I woke up, this scenario was immediately repeated. I'd planned to go to Yoga this morning, but it seems like today will be a repeat of yesterday which is absolutely heart breaking. A perfectly good long weekend blown. (Pun intended.)

In between sneezes, I did manage to finish Julie Powell's newest memoir.  Let's just say I am NOT pleased.  Not with her or the book. She decides to learn butchery while butchering her marriage and then tries to make us forgive her by simile-ing up a book. All is not forgiven Julie Powell! Wash your hair, put on your stilettos, (you live in NYC for god's sake), stop trying to be all Eat, Pray, Love on us and act right towards your husband!!!

This cold might be making me grouchy and bitter. 2010 is not starting as planned. I think I had some sort of  New Years Resolutions about bringing back dark lipstick and doing more than just reading my Rachel Rae magazine but I can't be too sure right now.  Assuming I don't have a temperature, it's a fact that my body is at least 91 degrees warmer than the outside temperature and that's just wrong.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Boo! That sucks that you are sick, and it is a terrible way to ring in the new year. Call me if you get bored. As soon as you feel better, lets go to pump!

The Vegetable Assassin said...

You know, every year I have an inner resolution about lipstick! I think everyone does (even men). Mine's usually about finding the perfect red and the perfect day time "looks like I'm not wearing any" lipsticks. The red thing is hard when you're a pale as hell red head though. Gingers need very specific cosmetics even if, like me, they're not full on ginger, just sort of light auburn. You have no idea. IT'S SO HARD BEING ME.

There, I made that all about me.

Eva Gallant said...

Oh, Jules, I hope you feel better soon!

buffalodick said...

Another blogger ripped her good for this book and her personal actions...
Some people will never figure out how to handle fame...