Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baltimore and DC weekend

My comfort zone is small. Everything I need to do is in a three mile radius of my house so you might be surprised to hear I traveled out of it this weekend. Twice. And I liked it.

Cheryl and I spent a fabulous time in Hampden on Saturday. Her bedroom is this calming pale green shade with plenty of things to look at and touch including but not limited to paintings and plants and hula hoops and hookahs. Ok, there weren't really hookahs but there could have been. We braved the cold and walked up to The Avenue to enjoy a wine tasting and shopping. I even ran into my friend Kurt who was very confused to see me outside of Annapolis. Sista and I then lunched on Mexican with Jon and Wes and you know I had a little margarita because I was told they were extra good at Holy Frijoles. We lounged out on her bed for hours afterwards chatting about sister things and doing crafts. This fellow was there too.


Sunday Nat and I went to his Sommelier Graduation dinner. I let him get away with only a brief discussion of my fear and loathing, but mostly just loathing of DC's metro because it was after all his day. I got to meet all his friends and of course enjoy wine way beyond my realm of appreciation. I mostly just knew that is was way better than what I pick out for my own weekend (midweek?) consumption. You can comment on how adorable we are....now. 


7 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Yes, you are!

Stephanie Faris said...

You are adorable. He looks a little like Jude Law there.

secret agent woman said...

Suddenly i am seriously saddened by the fact that I am not a sommelier graduate.

buffalodick said...

Well, you look adorable..being a guy, I can't another guy looks adorable.. :)

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

you ARE adorable but the cat wins the adorable contest.

Cheryl said...

awwwww, great blog, and fond memories of a wonderful Saturday. My sister and my cat are definitely the most adorable creatures I know :)

Secretia said...

I think very adorable indeed!

Secretia