Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Night Notes on Saturday

After spending Saturday afternoon enjoying the first snow fall, I met up with Kristen and Jud at The Lounge. It was a quiet night and we snagged a table looking over West Street for optimal people watching. While I rarely give any insight to what the notes mean, because I like to be mysterious, I'll add a few in italics because some deserve it.


The Lounge 12/05/2009

Jud: You wanna go to the meat mactory?!?!
Julie: Let's let them bond while we talk about our sluttiness. (Ok, let me explain...nevermind)
Kristen: Ha ha ha...OK!

"occurs and ishes"

Jud: We dun been not knowing each other.
Julie: I thought it was a dark bowl. (Discovering half way through soup at a new Japanese Steakhouse that there was seaweed in the bottom of the bowl.)
Jud:  Thought it was funny that a cocksucker named BJ thought I was uncool until I played the drums.
Jud: Closed your eyes too early did you? (Ref: Me tripping while walking with my eyes closed because there was a couple making out uncomfortably close to the bathroom)
Kristen: They called her Blue Bonnet. (Gone with the Wind)
Julie: That book has a high risk for conjunctivitis. (My fear of libraries.)
Julie: I don't know who this is, but have my enguessing... (I have no clue what this means. Kristen?)
Kristen:  If you want to prevent it, get a pile of jelly beans. (Preventing cake smashing during a wedding.)

Actually, in reference to that last one, I'm not really sure. I thought we had discussed martini glasses filled with potato chips to be thrown in a confetti like fashion to avoid the dreaded face cake smashing during a wedding reception. Perhaps Kristen will comment one what the jelly beans mean.

Just a few more days until the weekend!

7 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

strange post--I'm confused!

Mr. Condescending said...

i'm a little confused too hehe

Ams said...

Each line is a different note... at least this is what I am hoping... otherwise I am losing my mind!!

lol.. the jelly beans to prevent the cake smash could be painful ;)

Cheryl said...

Could she have been referring to just getting "a pile of jelly beans" INSTEAD of a cake? that would be funny. My favorite white flavored jelly beans are Jelly Belly Toasted Marshmallow (they have little brown specks to indicate the toastyness), and Jelly Belly Buttered Popcorn (they are white with pale yellow splotches. As i recall, Jelly Belly makes a pina colada? maybe, plain white jelly bean, which was really yummy. Yeah, I think they do and I ate them a long time ago and they were fabulous. Anyway. Yeah, jelly beans could work :)

buffalodick said...

What in the cornbread Hell are you putting in those Martinis?

Stephanie Faris said...

Conjunctivitis = pinkeye but I too prefer the official word. I just love that word. Conjunctivitis.

Dan said...

Not to worry any of you, but have you been for a CAT scan recently?

Or should I be booking myself in for one?

Either way, still beats those bloody haikus you are always making me do.....