Friday, December 4, 2009

Eye can't complain

Good news. Not only are my retinas still intact,  I am also finally officially a candidate for lasik eye surgery. I'm going to sit on this information whilst forming a long list of questions compiled over the years before I make any rash final decisions in regard to lasering my corneas. For example, what happens if you have to sneeze while your eye lids are being held open? Or during surgery? What if the power goes out in the middle of the procedure? How are you positive my eye is completely numb? What if I look away from the little light?!?! Can I wear something to cover my nose to avoid the smell of burnt eye my lasered friends keep telling me about? If any of you have undergone this procedure, could you please send me an informative and lengthy minute by minute description of exactly what took place at nightnotesonnapkins@gmail.com ? I'd really appreciate it.

So after having my eyes dilated, I headed to the mall for a little Christmas shopping. Each year, I feel like I find the most perfect gift there ever was for one sole person on my gift giving list.  The rest get random things I hope they'll like, but this year the lucky fellow is my Dad. He's an amazing photographer and National Geographic magazine subscriber since the 60's. Guess who put out an image collection book this October chronicling it's picture history of the past 120 years? If you didn't guess National Geographic, I can't help you. I physically can't wait to see him open it on Christmas Day.

I was so pleased with myself when I got home, I put on my Christina Aguilera Christmas CD and started putting up the holiday appropriate decorations. (Don't judge, at least it wasn't Mariah) It didn't take long to finish since all I own is a whimsical snowman salt and pepper shaker set from my mom last year, a two foot plastic tree (lights included) and three ornaments courtesy of my bestie Chrissi. I was finished before my tree scented candle even had a chance to scent the room.

So a low key evening for me tonight.  Gearing up to finally try Zumba in the a.m and I'm expecting some Night Note action tomorrow when I go out with my girls. 'Tis the season!

7 comments:

Ams said...

That's an amazing gift for your dad!
Can't wait to hear how he likes it.
It's a low key night in these parts too... getting old ;)
Have a good weekend!

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

OMG. I love the name of your blog. So cute!! Good job on the gift buying and decorating! LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Mr. Condescending said...

I want a national geographic subscription!

Get that lasik done, it's always successful!

Dan said...

Pinged you an email mate.

buffalodick said...

I had permanent implants(cataracts)put in and they usually do one eye at a time, to make sure you aren't blinded in both eyes at once! Feel better? :)

Kate said...

I have been wanting to get the surgery for ages but am too wimpy to do it yet - keep us posted on it.

Love the present for your dad by the way thats so thoughtful

Kate xxx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

Eva Gallant said...

Good luck with the surgery. I have a couple of friends who've had it done and are very glad they did@