Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Night Notes on the Marine Birthday

I love November 10th. It's the official celebration date for the founding of the Marine Corps. My best friend is married to a marine who not only is awesome, but also has awesome friends. So awesome, they travel from various parts of the county to Annapolis, Maryland every year to celebrate the Marine Birthday at McGarvey's. I feel lucky to know these amazing men and be able to be a part of something so significant. Previous years have led to us losing Mel in a pizza mission, my blowing a flaming sambuca shot all over our respective table and well....this.




As you can see, these nights can get a little crazy. There were only a few Night Notes this year because Nat and I were off to our former roommates birthday bash but here goes.


Marine Corp Birthday at McGarvey's 2009

Julie: I'd be willing to dry my feet for that.
Mel: That shit's crazy.
Jean: Miracle grow. Water it down. Any good botanist knows that.


(Incidentally, my comment had something to do with Jeremy stating one of his pet peeves was when people don't dry off in the shower before stepping onto the bath mat therefore leaving sopping wet footprints.)

I won't talk about consuming vodka after tequila, bonding with new people over intense games of ping pong, beer spilled on the shuffle board table or getting called out on frequenting O'Briens all too often in my early twenties by former bartenders.

7 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Celebrating with a bunch of marines? All right! you go, girl!

Passion Fruit said...

The marines here don't have cute uniforms at all. Sad!

BUT please do go and check out my blog, I left you a little something there!

buffalodick said...

You can bet the nation's VFW and American Legion Posts were busy yesterday!

lifelove'n'wine said...

My brother is a Marine! That's great that you had a good time celebrating!

TavoLini said...

LOL--very true post! My husband was a Marine--this is the first year in a while that we haven't gone to the Ball. Though it looks like throwing oneself on the floor is a good alternative :D

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

my best friend is dating a marine, i had no idea! sounds like a fun celebration!

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.