Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fridays without Night Notes

Friday night I sat down to work on my paper at 8:30. At this precise time, all of my friends proceeded to call and text me to initiate proper Friday evening activities. Around 10:45 I decided they were correct. I put on some serious makeup, my new skinny jeans, some killer red heels and headed out the door. 




I think Nat would prefer if I didn't make myself a regular at his new bar, but I really wanted Newman to see how fantastic it was so I suggested he meet me there. Plus, our friend Chris was already saddled up anyway, so how could I really be held responsible? Random mirrors, paintings, and sconces adorn the dark blue colored walls. The lights are dim and there's always jazz. Of course we could hear Lady Gaga blasting from the bar downstairs, but we blocked that out while sitting back on the full sized leather couch while sipping a nice glass of red. 

A low key evening it was. We eventually needed a change of pace and headed downstairs to Stan and Joe's for some cocktails and people watching. The night ended with Newman, Urn and me back at Ian's, (as evening's often do) ordering late night pizza and drinking beers. Only this time, we lit some long stemmed candles and called ourselves classy. 

10 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

Candles and pizza? No way you could go wrong!

buffalodick said...

Long stemmed candles? What about those long stems you walk around on! Lookin' pretty hot there, dear!
Happy T-Day!

JennyMac said...

love those saucy shoes!!!!

Pheromonally Gifted said...

Those jeans look hot with those shoes!


Just discovered your blog...Am a happy follower now! :)

Amanda said...

A) Those heels are killer!

and B) Long stemmed candles make everything classy.

Tami G said...

Came to visit from your visit on my blog!!! I am a new follower - could NOT resist - all it took was the title of your blog! HA HA
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm here to stalk...I mean Stay - i'm here to stay...LOL

Tami G

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

First time here. I found your blog through Eva's blog and i'm glad i did. You have just a lovely blog and that's why i'm following you now.
Hope you're having a nice and safe week-end
:)
P.S.
Hope you visit mine.

Stephanie Faris said...

Ahhh those were the days. Heading out after I should have already been in bed, coming home at the crack of dawn. Okay, I don't really miss them but I do miss the friendships.

Belle said...

LOVE the shoes. And candles plus beer = country music song = awesome.

apey528 said...

Love those jeans! I think I'm going to have to invest in a similar pair....