Sunday, August 2, 2009

Good Wholesome Fun

Friday was exceptionally stressful. One might think I would respond to such a thing by consuming vast amounts of cocktails and carelessly wandering into random people's homes. But I didn't. That was the last thing I wanted to do on a day that not only did one of my favorite patients die but plenty of other undesirable events occured including but not limited to my inability to attend hot yoga due to the vicious and painful bruise I received after having blood drawn. Sun salutations and Chaturanga's were out of the question. I wanted to lock myself in the safety of my home, turn off the phone, out the lights and gluttonously eat Chipotle and drink wine. Which I did.

I woke bright eyed, bushy tailed and full of determination. Hopping onto my bike with my new matching helmet, I was ready to conquer the B&A trail! Or so I thought. That pesky bridge on the way is much steeper that it appears. In the end, I made it almost to the B&A trail before heading back. My heart was pumping and I broke a killer sweat so ultimately it was a success. See? (You can click on the pics for larger views)

Then it was off to the pool. Kristen and I drank wine, soaked up the sun, (as much as possible behind my 45 sunblock that is) discussed life and made big plans! Here are some highlights.

I snagged a cup of joe and a bottle of champagne on the way home in preparation for Vicki's Birthday. When she and Mel arrived we all said, "I don't know, what do you want to do?" a lot before walking downtown to view our options. We ended up at our favorite fav Nano for sushi, and pineapple chicken, chatted with our buddy Ling and joked about all the things we could be writing on the napkin but weren't. In the end, we all decided a slumber party was next. Pajamas, strawberry pie and the previous mentioned champagne awaited our arrival back at home. It was like 7th grade but slightly more sophisticated. All excited for brunch in the am, a novel idea occured to us around 1am. The sooner we go to sleep, the sooner it will be time for brunch! I didn't quite make it to sleep straight away because that fella Nat (he's alright ;-) ) arrived home and I was much more inclined to spend a few quite moments (we have so few) with him than falling straight to sleep.

Wrapping things up, brunch with the girls was delish and the rest of the day with my love was well, lovely!


2 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm glad we found each other over here. I'm following you.

You sound like you know how to have fun! Would you believe we don't have Chipotle here? I always enjoy it when I visit my sis in Chicago but Nashville is Chipotle-free. We have Qdoba, which is similar, and I heard recently we were getting a Chipotle soon...

jules said...

Yay! Thanks for checking me out.

I've never been to a Qdoba, but I'll be sure to try it if I come across one! Hope you have your Chipotle soon!